Posted on 08-Jul-2020 by Schauenburg Industries Ltd.
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Schauenburg Industries Ltd. is a mine ventilation ducting manufacturer based in North Bay, Ontario since 1969. We have an opening for a Financial Manager.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director the ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience in a financial position. Supervisory experience and private sector experience would be an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain the day to day accounting records through an ERP System
· Stocktaking/Inventory: Reconciliation and posting of differences
· Prepare and post month end and year end entries; including any necessary accruals
· Review general ledger accounts and ensure reasonability and proper posting
· Cash flow management including creating cash flow projections
· Preparing company reports (figures and explanations)
· Handling the group wide reporting system (Lucanet)
· Creating budget forecast / projections including developing assumptions
· Analysis and finalization of monthly and year-end results
· Setting goals for efficiency improvements
· Clear understanding of GAAP Rules – knowledge of ASPE required
· Office management of the accounts payable, receivables and purchasing functions (2 other employees)
· Completion and execution of payroll function
· Human resources administration – manage benefits, orientation, union dues, training files, etc.
· Prepare documents and assist where necessary for the year-end audit
Skills / Experience:
· College or University degree in Accounting. Accounting designation would be considered an asset
· Experience with an ERP system (ideally Navision, but not required)
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Traceable success in implementing improvements in bookkeeping systems and processes
· Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Well-developed project, organizational and time management skills
· Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication and leadership skills
If interested please reply in writing to Don Croteau, Managing Director with a cover letter, resume and salary expectation.
Reference ID: Financial Manager