Fund Development Coordinator
Posted on 23-Jun-2020 by Nipissing Serenity Hospice
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Nipissing Serenity Hospice-Maison Sérénité du Nipissing is currently accepting applications for the position of Fund Development Coordinator
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is a home away from home where people of all ages are invited to spend their life’s final journey. Our doors are now open to residents and we are now accepting applications for a Fund Development Coordinator
We are looking for a super star Fund Development Coordinator to join our team. Someone who is a super organized, go-getter and out-of-box thinker. Someone who is driven to succeed and doesn't stop at ordinary.
We want you to become part of our team! We are looking for someone who is focused, friendly, passionate about their work and who doesn’t stop until they are proud. If this sounds like you, read on.
You will be responsible for developing and supporting Nipissing Serenity Hospice's fundraising and donor stewardship activities by forming and maintaining strong stakeholder partnerships, identifying, soliciting, and securing donations, and collaborating with staff and volunteers to effectively plan and execute fundraising events.
Donor Engagement: Tracks donations and assists with recognition and engagement of donors. Conducts research to identify individual, government, corporate and foundation donor prospects. Assists with maintenance of information in donor database.
Marketing: Assists in the development of marketing initiatives to attract new donors; improving online information sources regarding Nipissing Serenity Hospice completing website updates for our website; and coordinates social media, including Facebook, Twitter, etc. In collaboration with the Fundraising Committee, plan and execute fundraising activities, including but not limited to, cultivating relationships with new and potential donors, and maintain existing supporters to assist Nipissing Serenity Hospice in building capacity over the long-term
Administrative: Develop both Fundraising and Marketing Proposals as well as preparation and delivery of presentations to groups, manage existing grant/funding projects along with assisting in general office and administrative tasks as required.
- A degree or diploma in sales, marketing, finance, business or public relations or related field
- A good understanding of identifying target audience, developing customer personas, email marketing, content strategy, Facebook ads, Instagram ads, Google Ad Words, content marketing and social media marketing.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, planning and time-management skills, including ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and independently without close supervision
- Commitment to confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information of donors
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate mission and initiatives of NSH to donors and other external stakeholders, and willingness to ask supporters for donations
- Work independently and as a team with very effective time management skills.
- Use Microsoft applications, have knowledge of social media and mobile devices and are not afraid of technology.
- Experience working with non-profit or community organizations is an asset.
- A creative spirit and great attention to detail.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset.
If this sounds like you, then we can't wait to meet you!
Reference ID: NSH-FRC-062020