General Manager - Food Service
Posted on 22-Jun-2020 by Burger King
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Every day, more than 11 million guests visit BURGER KING® restaurants around the world. And they do so because our restaurants are known for serving high-quality, great-tasting, and affordable food. Founded in 1954, BURGER KING® is the second largest fast food hamburger chain in the world. The original HOME OF THE WHOPPER®, our commitment to premium ingredients, signature recipes, and family-friendly dining experiences is what has defined our brand for more than 50 successful years.
Want to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment? Come join our elite team at Burger King! We are looking for eager, energetic team members who want to grow with us as part of our Management Team!
The Restaurant General Manager (RGM) has overall responsibility for managing daily operations of a single restaurant ensuring delivery on guest satisfaction, and ensuring desired restaurant outcomes (i.e., increased sales, profitability and employee retention). The RGM leads the restaurant management team and oversees the financial controls, operations, people development, guest service and Burger King Canada compliance within the restaurant across all shifts. The RGM should be able to work long and/or irregular shifts, including extra shifts, as needed, for proper functioning of the restaurant. This position interacts with restaurant team members, restaurant management, DM’s, customers, members of the field operations team and outside vendors.
- Directs efficient and accurate preparation and sale of products to maximize guest satisfaction;
- Ensures preventive maintenance of restaurant facility and equipment is completed in accordance with company standards;
- Motivates and directs team members to exceed customer expectations with fast and friendly service in clean surroundings;
- Provides coaching and feedback to Team Members, Shift Coordinators and Assistant Managers;
- Assumes full responsibility for restaurant profit and loss management by implementing marketing strategies and following cash control/security procedures;
- Maintains inventory, manages labour and applies financial reporting analysis to enhance restaurant results;
- Enforces compliance with government regulations, Burger King Canada Market Policy, employment laws, food safety, Burger King Canada Security Policy, Operations and Burger King Canada policies and procedures relating to all restaurant activities across shifts;
- Leads restaurant management team in recruiting, selecting, hiring and retaining effective team talent;
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Prompt and regular attendance for assigned shifts, meetings and training.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Complete all internal certification programs;
- Minimum 1-2 years of restaurant management experience;
- Strong understanding of P&L interpretation and management to influence profitability;
- Ability to prioritize and organize own and others’ work and time to meet deadlines and objectives;
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Discounted or Free Food
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- general manager: 1 year (Preferred)