Guest Service Agent - Hotel
Posted on 27-Mar-2021 by Ramada Pinewood Park Resort
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Front Desk Manager, the Guest Service Agent is responsible to ensure guest satisfaction by dealing with guests in a pleasant, efficiently, courteous, and professional manner, answering any questions and following up on requests and problems promptly. It is also the responsibility of the Guest Service Agent to efficiently handle any function of the front office from the reception.
If you carry the hospitality gene and passion to delivering and exceptional customer service experience and seeking for an exciting change...this is it. We want to meet you.
- Accurately registers all guests arriving at the hotel in compliance with hotel credit and identification policy.
- Performs credit card verifications; when declined contacts guest for alternative payment arrangements
- Operates the front office computer system, posts all guests charges and payments, incurred during the shift and balance shift totals by department to backup documents.
- Prepares guest keys as well as registration forms.
- Ensures all guest registration cards and credit cards are correctly completed and filed by room number.
- Maintains cashier float as supplied and cash deposits.
- Reports overages and shortages on a daily basis. Responsible to present and/or return float intact upon request.
- Communicates with housekeeping in order to deal with early check-ins, late check-outs, day rooms, unexpected departures, stayovers and room changes.
- Assists with room reservations and switchboard operation when necessary.
- Works to attain the best occupancy and average daily rate possible, assessing the guests and attempting to upsell.
- Negotiates rates within parameters set by the FOM.
- Reports to supervisors any guest complaints or security issues.
- Records and enters all wake-up calls and ensures they are given at the correct time to the correct room.
- Reports any equipment malfunction, emergency situations or suspicious persons to the supervisor.
- Handle all guests inquiry or complaints in an efficiently and reports any guest complaints to supervisor immediately if he/she cannot handle it personally.
- Ensures guest satisfaction.
- The Guest Service Agent may be required to work as a night auditor from time to time as per business needs.
- Other Tasks may be assigned
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Hotel Front Desk role
- Knowledge of Opera preferred
- Weekend availability and flexible working hours
- Strong analytical abilities, detail oriented and able to multitask
- High school or college diploma in Hospitality or Tourism an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & Microsoft Office