Guest Services Representative / Night Auditor - Hotel
Posted on 03-Dec-2018 by Holiday Inn Express and Suites
Location Nipissing, North Bay
To assist guests efficiently, courteously and professionally in all Front Desk related functions, and to maintain high standards of service and hospitality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
- Respond to all guests’ requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Hotel, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Effectively handle guest feedback to ensure that required corrective and preventative actions are taken to achieve 100% guest satisfaction prior to guest's departure.
- Champion guest retention through exceptional guest experience in order to ensure that each guest is encouraged to rebook prior to departure.
- Fully engage in collaborative working relationship with all hotel departments to improve service delivery and efficiency and create a seamless guest experience.
- Post guest charges and compute guest bill, collect payment and make change for hotel guests following all cash handling procedures as required by Hotel.
- Be very knowledgeable of Rewards program and promotions.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel amenities, room locations, room rates, and selling strategies.
- Answer switchboard, reservations and wake up calls, efficiently and in accordance with standards of proper telephone etiquette.
- Block rooms and handle special requests.
- Monitor room availability.
- Keep lobby, back area and desk area clean and presentable.
- Open and close shift make cash drops.
- Ensure all credit cards, cash, and change fund are balanced throughout each shift.
- Inform management of any guest or systems related complaints or problems.
- Communicate with incoming staff and management by logging pertinent information in the pass on log.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be available to work am, pm and overnight shifts and weekends
- Previous accounting or hotel front desk experience required
- Must have ability to handle fast paced, multi-tasking, guest focused environment
- Must have excellent organization, communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must have completed minimum Secondary School Certificate
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, network systems (Opera would be an asset)
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
In our commitment to provide a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free, accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Any special accommodation needs required in order to allow you to participate in the hiring and employment process to your full potential can be arranged in advance by contacting the Hiring Manager to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation