Heavy Equipment Operator - Crusher
Posted on 05-Apr-2021 by Ed Seguin & Sons Trucking and Paving
Location Nipissing, West Nipissing
- Ed Seguin & Sons is a bilingual family owned and operated Algonquin company. We consistently demonstrate pride through our workmanship, employee and client relationships and community. Our open mindedness, dedication and integrity is what drives us to excel in the civil, residential, and surface mining industries. We’re the largest supplier of construction aggregates in our area and both our residential and civil divisions are thriving and organically growing.
- We’ve been in business since 1967
- Our new shop and head office is located at 106 Bay St. in Sturgeon Falls, ON. This is close to downtown and some employees take advantage of that to bike or walk to work. We also have free parking and from there all employees have a company vehicle to get to the job sites.
- You may view our website at www.seguintrucking.com
*Job Description: *
- Daily pre-operation inspection of heavy equipment
- Preventative maintenance and welding.
- Operate heavy equipment including jaw and cone crushers, screen and scalping plants, conveyors, loaders, excavators, rock breakers, zoom boom.
- Outdoor and routine work.
- Day shift average 55 hours/week with option to work weekends.
- We provide MTCU (Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities) common core surface miner training.
- We have a comprehensive covid-19 policy and this position has very limited interaction with other persons.
*Requirements / Preferred Qualifications: *
- Heavy equipment mechanical experience
- Heavy equipment operator experience
- Willing to share labour work
- Open minded
- Minimum 5 years experience in crushing
- Drivers licence
*Why work for us?*
- Here at Ed Seguin & Sons you’re not only an employee. The owners work closely with all divisions of the company. There’s a real family feel where your efforts are noticed and rewarded. We’re consistently accepting employee feedback to invest in improving work methods and environments. We also offer very attractive salary options.
- We know how important it is to take care of family and that’s why we offer health and dental family benefits plans to our employees. We’re progressively growing and with that comes opportunities for employees to advance their careers and earn promotions.
- Our team meeting and lunchrooms are always open to our employees for a free cup of coffee and where you will often find free snacks. On occasions the company will provide lunches, celebrate events and wins. In example we have an annual fish fry every April hosting over 100 people including employees along with their family.
- We like to give back to the community by sponsoring many events and good causes, in fact we were the only local platinum sponsor at the International Plowing Match.
Instructions for Applying: