Heavy Equipment Operator - Loader
Posted on 15-Jun-2020 by DSI Underground Canada Ltd.
Location Nipissing, West Nipissing
DSI Underground Canada Ltd. (DSI’s)- Is located in Sturgeon Falls, Ontario.Scope of business includes the manufacturing and supply of ground support equipment for the mining industries. Its systems are known worldwide for innovation, quality and reliability. You will be responsible for the yard activities and material storage. Load and unload trucks. The Safe and controlled operation of the big outside forklift.
Why work at DSI?
- Extended Health Care & Dental Benefits, Life, AD&D & Travel Insurance after 30 days
- Employer Contribution Pension Plan after 1 year
- Free Parking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs visual incoming inspection of materials before being off loaded to ensure it is free of damage
- Informs supervisor of any damages and completes NCR with pictures
- Ensure proper inventory storage to maintain integrity of all inventory items and in the correct location at the time of unloading.
- Required maintenance and cleaning of inventory area, both inside and outside in the yard.
- Monthly inventory cycle counting and reporting.
- Actively participates in annual Physical Counts of inventory
- Ensures all Raw and Finished Material is tag and identified correctly
- Completes paperwork for outgoing shipments to the highest degree of accuracy
- Ensures each load is verified and pick ticket signed to ensure accuracy of shipments to the customer.
- Assists with picking orders, packaging of product to be shipped.
- Assists with receiving incoming products and materials
- General housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and inventory areas.
- Ensures inventory is moved using FIFO where needed.
- Ensure inventory is stored in Pallet rack in a safe manner
- Ensure loader is parked inside the south overhead doors in cooler months and under the west overhang in the warm months.
- Keys to be removed from equipment and stored in Shipping office
- Communication Radio to be placed in Charger at the end of every shift
- Ensures Gates are opened at start of each shift and locked at end of shift
- Hi viz clothing and other PPE to be worn at all times inside and outside of the shipping area.
- Responsible for the care of issued Shipping/receiving clothing
- Operates the forklift in a safe and controlled manner
- Responsible for the routine maintenance checks of the equipment
- Ensure equipment processes are followed such as pre-shift inspections, damage checking/reporting, etc
- Responsible for the care and cleanliness of the loader
- Communicates with co-workers, management, customers and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism when deal with staff, Various department within DSI, customers and visitors
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Three years of related work experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Computer literate - MS Office, Federal Express and UPS software
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience operating a loader which is configured as a forklift
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience loading transport trucks with a loader forklift
· Minimum 5 years of shipping and receiving experience in a similar industry with a high volume of product
As a member of the team, is committed to meeting production targets and deadlines
- Being punctual and ready to work at the start of your shift and after each break
- Committed to scheduled work hours
- Willingness to commit to extra hours to meet production target and deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Accepts guidance and constructive feedback from fellow and senior staff
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and work ethic and continually strives for improvement
- Shows eagerness to learn and take on more responsibility
Completes the tasks in a timely manner and seeks/offers additional help when required
Competencies Beneficial in Satisfactory Performance of the Job
- Team Player
- Decision Making
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.