Host / Hostess
Posted on 02-Jan-2019 by Nipissing Lodge
Location Parry Sound, Nipissing Township
An ideal summer job for a student!
The successful candidate will be required to focus on making the Lodge quests have as good an experience as possible. Every day is different and different tasks come up often.
Daily Jobs could include:
- collecting/ organizing recycling and empties from each cabin (everyday)
- Painting and minor maintenance
- Tidy any garbage/ empties from the night before (everyday)
- preparing rental boats for use (fill up gas, charge trolling motor batteries, count life jackets, # of seats etc.)
- Ordering and picking up bait, ice, water jugs
- Get empty propane tanks to fill
- Dump runs (once a week usually)
- Checking up on guests (show them that you are available and happy to help)
- cutting the grass
-Tidy beach and put away kayaks, canoes, etc.
- Check rental boats are filled with gas when guests come and go with them
- Help or offer to start a fire or turn on the fire table
- Cover boats/ help prep for a guide (get bait, net, etc.)
- Total up bait, ice, gas for Billing and check the props!
Picking up Guests:
Guests usually give us an hour notice (Huntsville) before arrival
- Be at the landing prior to guest arrival
- Help unload their cars to boat
- Direct them to parking
- Help unload
- If new to the place, offer a tour once they have settled in
- Day before ask guests what time they would like to leave
- Move boat to most convenient dock to load boat
- Help load and unload boat
- Drop off at landing, wait till they leave
Good at communicating
Be able to lift and carry 20 - 40 lbs (luggage)
Appreciation of the out doors
We are looking for someone who is outgoing, able to work independently and have good people skills.
- Boaters Card (preferred)
- Fishing License
- Driver’s License
Successful applicant will be provided accommodations at lodge and a salary.
Camp tips will be shared; personal tips are for the applicant.
Position will run from first week of May till end of August