Posted on 03-Jan-2019 by L'Arche North Bay
Location Nipissing, North Bay
As a House Leader, you will create a home that fosters mutual respect and trust in living the values of L'Arche. You will ensure the effective management of the home, attend to the needs and safety of Core Members, and train and supervise assistants. The House Leader must provide competent services, meet programmatic needs and adhere to all regulations while assuring Core Members a positive quality of life.
- Being present and attending to the needs of Core Members; assure their health and safety.
- Create and oversee the management of the home and paperwork.
- Dialogue and meet at least weekly with the Homes Coordinator.
- Lead team and house meetings and adhere to house budget.
- Manage assistant schedules according to hours allotted to the home: approve requests for leave/timesheets.
- Provide training of new assistants.
- Oversee the supervision of medication administration and record keeping, including the coordination of medical appointments, etc.
- Cleaning and food preparation; follow dietary guidelines.
- Implementing of ISP's and other areas of programs, therapies etc.
- Timely reporting and accurate documentation of records.
- Transporting of individuals to work, appointments, social activities and community events.
- Participation in community functions, formations, worship and other L'Arche activities.
- Adhering to the values and philosophy of L'Arche as stated in our Charter.
- Attend House Leader meetings.
- Hold people accountable to L'Arche policies/guidelines and procedures.
- Oversee disciplinary follow through.
- Support L'Arche North Bay's mission, instill L'Arche values within the home.
- Build and create a positive team environment in the spirit of L'Arche.
- An educational background in Developmental Services (DSW), Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA), Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI), or a related Human Services field.
- 2 years of L'Arche experience preferred or a minimum 2 years in a leadership role.
- Minimum valid G2 driver's license.
- Criminal Reference Check including Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Positive, caring attitude towards persons with disabilities.
- Ability to community clearly - orally and written.
- Uphold the mission and values of L'Arche and a desire to share in a community life-style.
- Able to fulfill responsibilities independently and use of sound judgement.
- Flexibility with assigned schedule in responding to the specific needs of the home.
- Ability to lift and transfer individuals/wheelchairs with hoyer lift when needed.