Posted on 06-Jan-2021 by Marina Point Village
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Environmental Services is committed to providing a safe, clean, home-like environment where our residents, visitors, employees and volunteers can enjoy “Leisure for Life” in cleanliness, comfort and style.
· Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in a retirement home is required.
· Good communication skills, both oral and written is required
· Good time management skills are required.
· An understanding of effective Infection Prevention and Control practices is required.
· Ability to follow instructions is required.
· Ability to do extensive standing, walking, squatting, kneeling and lifting of objects up to 16 KG (35 lbs) required.
· Availability to work days and for on-call coverage for sick call replacement is required.
· Good attendance record is required.
· Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
· Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
· TB testing is required.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Perform cleaning tasks to achieve and maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation in the facility.
· Maintain safe work practices.
· Have a full understanding of and practice Infection Prevention and Control policies.
· Be knowledgeable of and practice the facility’s fire and safety programs.
· Clean and sanitize resident suites as per the Room Cleaning Checklist.
· Clean suites vacated by residents and prepare the suite for incoming residents.
· Collect refuse from resident suites and other areas in the facility and dispose of this refuse in accordance with set procedures.
· Clean and restock the housekeeping carts.
· Complete cleaning of the public/common areas and offices following the facility procedures, task list and schedule.
· Change and remake beds in suites.
· Following procedure, provide bath linens to suites.
· Complete departmental laundry for daily facility use as required.
· Ensure all lights are working.
· Ensure suites are safe and free from fire hazards.
· Ensure all exterior doors are locked.
· Ensure all exit signs are lit and working properly.
· Report any deficiencies directly to the MES and/or log them in the Maintenance Binder as appropriate.
· Test emergency equipment in suites on a monthly basis as per policy.
· Report equipment or housekeeping supply requirements necessary for the efficient operation of Environmental Services to the MES.
· Monitor inventory and assure safe storage of all supplies.
· Monitor proper maintenance and functioning of equipment and notify the MES of the need for repairs as necessary.
· Maintain all required records and reports in accordance with policies and procedures.
· When required, complete post-construction cleaning of suites.
· When required, follow post-construction cleaning procedures as per the Construction Cleaning Checklist.