Housekeeper - Night
Posted on 25-Aug-2020 by Gardens of Parry Sound Retirement Residence
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
Reports to: Environmental Services Supervisor
- Industrial / facility experience in personal housekeeping.
- Be in good physical health and able to perform physical work daily, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling and moving of objects.
- Be able to make assessments as to the validity of requests for housekeeping and determine the urgency to have the work done.
- Have an excellent command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Be able to communicate effectively with residents, staff, guests and visitors
- Be able to follow through on a job from start to finish, troubleshoot, prioritize and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Have a “get it done” attitude.
- Willingness to keep up-to-date on various legislation and laws regarding health and safety and participate in the Health & Safety Committee.
- Be able to provide a clear Criminal Record Check / Vulnerable Persons Sector Screen (dated within 10 months prior to employment start date).
- Be able to provide clear TB screening results (dated within 14 days prior to start of employment).
- Previous experience working with seniors in a retirement residence or long term care setting is an asset.
- Responsible for maintaining the premises in a neat and clean condition.
- Responsible for completing facility and resident laundry.
- Follow daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal checklists.
- General inspection, upkeep and cleaning of all private and public areas of the building, including resident suites, lounges, bathrooms, carpets, window coverings and furnishings.
- Plan, implement and maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation for a clean, safe facility and do everything necessary to maintain or improve cleanliness.
- To work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act by using or wearing appropriate safety and protective equipment, reporting any missing or defective safety or protective equipment or persons not complying with safety policies.
- To monitor equipment and supplies and ensure all necessary items are available for the continuous operation of the Housekeeping Department, including regular inspections of equipment and performing and/or arranging for proper maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring the safe storage of all supplies and that a Material Data Safety Sheet is in the appropriate binder for each and every chemical in use within the Housekeeping department.
- Instruct other facility staff in safe work practices, including the proper use of all housekeeping equipment, chemicals, supplies and techniques/methods.
- Have a complete understanding of Infection control policies and procedures and ensure that they are in practice within the housekeeping department.
- Ensure an adequate inventory of housekeeping supplies for day-to-day use and submit orders to management in a timely manner.
- Maintain all required records and reports in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Active participation in Fire safety drills and Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Co-ordinate carpet cleaning, cleaning of common areas and stairwells and hard to reach places with Maintenance Department staff.
- Report building repairs and equipment malfunctions as needed to Maintenance Department through the Maintenance Log.
- Report any resident health, safety or infection control concerns to Director of Care / Nurse on Duty, as necessary.
- Ensuring that Respite rooms are always in a state of readiness and preparing rooms for move-in.
- Assisting other departments as able with food service, audits, decorating, special events, etc.
- Assist with resident care and satisfaction as able and where necessary within the residence.
Reference ID: PT/Casual Night Housekeeper
Instructions for Applying: