Housing Programs Representative
Posted on 06-Dec-2018 by District of Nipissing Social Services Administration Board
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Under the supervision of Supervisor of Housing Programs, the Housing Programs Representative is responsible to assist designated frontline Housing Programs staff in various support functions by gathering accurate and detailed information from applicants for the Co-Ordinated Access System, as well as Homelessness programs, Social Housing, Affordable Housing, and/or any new housing initiatives required under the DNSSAB housing mandate. The Housing Programs Representative is responsible for providing assistance, which may include assessing initial eligibility for a suite of housing supports and services, including, but not limited to, Rent Geared-to-Income, Rent Supplement, Housing Allowance, Portable Housing Benefit, CHPI Client Benefits, Ontario Renovates, and Homeownership programs. This position is required to provide optimal quality customer service through strong knowledge of DNSSAB programs and services, various federal, provincial and municipal legislations, policy and procedures and community resources. This position will also require strong attention to detail and a working knowledge of a variety of computer programs and software.
The position operates in compliance with legislation, policy, procedures and standards set by the Province and DNSSAB.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Two year post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration or Accounting or acceptable combination of education and experience;
- Up to two (2) years’ experience in social housing or homelessness program administration, and/or property management;
- Previous experience in an office administration or customer service role;
- Good knowledge of Bill 140 Strong Communities through Affordable Housing Act, 2010, the Housing Services Act, 2011 and Regulations, and the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006;
- General knowledge of the full range of programs delivered by DNSSAB including Housing Services, Children’s Services, and Ontario Works;
- Proficient in the use of computers, with the ability to produce spread sheets, correspondence, reports and presentations using applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation negotiation skills, conflict resolution skills
- Ability to analyze complex situations and make sound recommendations;
- Demonstrated regular attendance in keeping with the Board’s Attendance Management Policy;
- Respect of confidentiality