Human Resources Generalist / Health & Safety Specialist
Posted on 06-Jan-2019 by Goodyear
Location Nipissing, North Bay
The HR Generalist / H&S Specialist is responsible for overseeing issues related to employment, compensation, health and safety, employee relations and general office administration. The focus will be on improving HR policies, processes, and practices and recommending changes to ensure compliance for the Plant. The HR Generalist / Health & Safety Specialist will perform office and administrative duties as they relate to employee productivity for the plant. The HR Generalist / H&S Specialist, will participate in adhoc projects and activities in accordance with the needs of the business in different areas to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Facilitating human resources processes (recruitment, performance management, compensation status reports and pay changes, benefits coordination, payroll administration, HRIS data input, record keeping, office correspondence, group insurance, disability management including short-term and long-term disability, pension administration, attendance/absence management terminations, etc.)
- Working in a consultancy role, assisting the local Operations’ Team in North Bay to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Managing and administering all employee health and safety cases, WSIB management, medical leaves (occupational and non-occupational), assisting with all aspects of safety including reporting procedures, record maintenance, personal medical leaves and worker's compensation
- Active participation in the Safety Committee as well as acting as a safety advocate for the plant and manage committee minutes
- Training including onboarding and new employee orientation, analyzing training and professional development needs in conjunction with Business Centre Manager, help coordinate and facilitate any training programs such as new employee orientations, health and safety training, gradual return to work programs, operational programs, etc
- Responsible for facilitating / analyzing training needs, developing training curriculum, and delivering training courses for associates, new hires, etc.
- Managing relationship with third party benefits and insurance providers and assisting asosciates with regards to benefits' claims
- Degree in Human Resources Management; Emphasis on Health & Safety, Business, Finance, or Economics preferred
- Five (5) years Human Resources' experience, with a strong focus on Health & Safety
- Broad knowledge of HR Management, including health and safety, employee relations, employment law, performance management, compensation, benefits, recruitment, and employee development
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, and multiple priorities in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- Tact and diplomacy combined with excellent interpersonal skills and business acumen / Trustworthy / Team Player
- Office experience including strong administrative and computer skills with experience maintaining associate files
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.