Human Resources Representative - Intern
Posted on 22-Jul-2020 by District of Nipissing Social Services Administration Board
Location Nipissing, North Bay
The District of Nipissing Social Services Administration Board
Human Resources Representative – Intern
BULLETIN NO. D2020-15
Do you aspire to have a fulfilling and challenging career working in the public sector with a locally respected organization? Are you a recent graduate of Human Resources, Payroll Administration or Business Administration program, with excellent time management, communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment? At DNSSAB we are looking for a Human Resources Representative – Intern to add to our exceptional Corporate Services team.
The Human Resources Representative – Intern position is a one year internship through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) physically located in North Bay. This position is responsible for performing confidential administrative functions within the Human Resources department. The position will work closely with the Human Resources and Corporate Services teams to ensure continuous delivery and improvements in all aspect of the organization’s HR functions, including recruitment and selection, attendance management, health and safety, payroll and benefits administration, and confidential administrative duties. The DNSSAB offers a wage of $20.00 per hour, a team oriented work environment, and is committed to ongoing learning and development.
· College graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary diploma program in Human Resources Management, Payroll Administration, or Business Administration. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
· Working knowledge of MS SharePoint, and Office suite of programs is required;
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills including excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure successful completion of tasks while providing excellent service;
- Ability to manage daily workload, set priorities and meet required deadlines while managing with completing demands;
- Demonstrates attention to detail;
- A self-starter, with ability to work with all levels of the organization;
· Ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work both independently and co-operatively as member of a team;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
· Demonstrated regular attendance in keeping with the Board’s Attendance Management Policy;
· Flexibility of hours and location of work may be required.