Installation Technician - Production
Posted on 28-Aug-2020 by Gincor Werx
Location Nipissing, Mattawa
With four decades of experience and expertise in the custom manufacturing of vocational vehicles, Gincor Werx is an industry leader known for its quality workmanship and technical innovation. It’s products include dump bodies, work ready trucks, snow and ice equipment, flat decks, van bodies and heavy haul float trailers. Our 7 facilities occupy 378,000 square feet of manufacturing space, 55 installation bays, 18 service bays and employee 250+ team members. We are proud to boast one of the broadest suites of products in the industry.
Job Function Overview:
As a final install technician, you will be responsible for completing the customer’s end product. Giving the product , whether it be a dump truck or snow and ice truck the final touches before it is sent to Quality Control and released to our customer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use various welding and cutting equipment including mig, plasma and oxy/acetylene torch
- The ability to weld steel dump bodies
- Use portable hand tools consistent with industry standards
- Run wiring
- Installing decals
- Mount snow and ice equipment
- Installation of mud flap brackets
- Fabricate components and assemblies to specification as per drawings
- Ensure fit, finish and function to meet customer requirements and expectations
- Perform inspection of your own work
- Operate forklifts as required
- Operate overhead cranes up to 5 tons
- Work effectively and efficiently to complete your work within the job standard
- Keep work place organized
- Perform other duties, as required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience with the use of powered hand tools. (Preferred)
- At least 3 years’ experience in the fitting/welder discipline. (Preferred)
- Able to read drawings and work instructions.
- Ability to be certified in forklift and crane operations
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Yes (after successfully completing a 90 day probationary period)
Hours of work: Monday - Thursday 6:30am to 5:00pm, Friday 7:00am to 12:00pm, with potential for overtime
Equipment required: Steel toed boots with metatarsal guard, welding helmet, basic wrench and ratchet set.
Salary: Dependent on experience
GINCOR Werx offers a challenging, innovative, fast-moving environment with career advancement opportunities, competitive overall compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and a safe and respectful workplace. Please contact HR should you require special accommodation with the application or interviewing process.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. GINCOR Werx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.