Installer - Solar PV
Posted on 03-Dec-2018 by Alectric Solar Inc.
Location Nipissing, West Nipissing
Join our growing team today! 6 Installers needed for immediate start!
Alectric Solar is a turn-key solar PV solutions provider for developing, installing and operating solar PV systems in Canada. Our focus is on rooftop and ground mounted commercial and community solar projects. We deliver state of the art solar energy facilities in a high pressure and dynamic construction environment. We are driven to continuously improve system efficiencies and reduce the cost of solar energy for our clients. Providing the utmost certainty, understanding and professionalism for any solar PV application with the guaranteed best possible value and performance.
- Assist with the setup and tear down of job sites
- Assemble and install solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on the ground in compliance with the site assessment, schematics and codes. May include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar module installation
- Ensure all equipment and tools are accounted for the job.
- Maintain a highly organized work environment
- Participate in and coordinate a clean job site
- Ensure all sites are strictly abiding by Alectric Solar’s H&S program, the Ontario Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Due to high demand in our services, Alectric Solar seeks highly motivated individuals for our team on site. The position is available for 3 months guaranteed. If you are comfortable and willing to travel, we can provide great job security for the right candidate long term.
- Working at Heights training
- 4 steps to H&S.
- PPE including Hard Hats and Safety Boots
- Highly reliable, committed and motivated
- Interest in solar PV and renewable energy
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and withstand working in varying weather conditions (hot/cold temperatures)
- Able to use drills and other hand-held tools
Skills and Experience
- Solar PV installation experience preferred but not required
- High attention to detail & knowledge of construction techniques
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions
- Must be comfortable working at heights and climbing ladders
- Will be required to travel to different sites across Ontario
- Be able to read blue prints is an asset
- Team player
- Valid Driver’s license and personal vehicle