Installer - Water Heater
Posted on 01-Sep-2020 by Reliance Home Comfort
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Job Description: Position: Water Heater Installers
Locations: North Bay, ON
Reports to: Operations Manager
Reliance Home Comfort is proud to be recognized by Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2019 & Glassdoor: Best Places to Work 2018 !
The importance of culture in driving our success has long been endorsed internally at Reliance – it is our Home Team Advantage. Congratulations to our team members for living our guiding principles with a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and an unwavering focus on customer service.
Our “Better is Better” culture has inspired us to offer a Team Member Technical Training Assistance Program. We are proud to support our Team Members by offering tuition reimbursement and additional paid apprentice leave above employment insurance while they further their education. Join our team today!
Click here to discover why our Team Members are Proud to be Reliance – and why you will be too.
About the Company
Reliance™ has been providing affordable, reliable home heating, cooling, hot water, water purification and plumbing products and services to Canadians for more than 50 years. Our customers know they can count on us for fast, friendly, knowledgeable service and advice – and that’s comfortable!
Every day, 2,300 Reliance team members focus on delivering a great customer experience, attracting great talent and giving back to the communities where we live and work. In 2019 alone, we have donated over $650,000 to United Way and $100,000 in equipment to Habitat for Humanity. This untiring dedication is what will drive profitable growth and help us fulfill our vision: to be the fastest growing and the largest provider of heating and cooling systems, and water heater, plumbing and water purification services in North America.
Reliance is a $800 million business today having doubled in size over the past five years. We are proud to be recognized by Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures for the second consecutive eligible year, while our CEO Sean O’Brien was recognized as one of Canada’s most admired CEOs, and a Glassdoor ‘Best Places to Work’ winner.
Reliance is passionate about our team members’ growth and success. We proudly offer a Technical Training Assistance Program, access to tuition reimbursement and additional paid apprentice leave for eligible team members. Progressing team members’ careers helps us maintain our reputation of having the most knowledgeable technical Team Members in the HVAC industry. Contact us today to learn more!
Terms can be revised as per management's discretion
- Signing Bonus of $5000 and relocation assistance (TBA) available for the right candidate
Role Focus: You will be responsible for creating a positive relationship with customers as you professionally install equipment in their homes.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Represent Reliance in a professional, courteous and customer service oriented manner on each and every call; you are a proud ambassador for our company.
- Professionally install water heater and tank less equipment and accessory items in accordance with manufacturer specifications, local codes and company standards
- The replacement or repair of leaking water heaters, and maintenance of HVAC equipment
- Ensuring personal and customer safety
- Providing superior customer service (i.e. execution of “The Right Call” process)
- Creating positive customer relations through effective communication and problem solving
- Educating customers, providing options and making recommendations
- Actively participating in the training and mentoring of new installers
- Other duties, as assigned by management
- Explain, educate and promote the value of Reliance’s products, services and programs on every call.
- Contribute to business growth by lead generation
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates (if applicable). This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally .
- Must meet Company requirements with respect to general qualifications.
- Completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have a Gas Technician II license.
- Must have at least a Class G Driver’s License.
- Diagnostic and HVAC maintenance skills for residential equipment.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position,(i.e. frequent lifting of weight of 25 kg, occasionally up to 50kg, frequent bending, occasional squatting/kneeling, working inside and outside in all types of weather within environments that can be dusty and/or slippery).
- In addition, ability to lift and maneuver water heaters with the assistance of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to understand/learn new technologies (i.e. Electronics/electricity).
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must have outstanding customer service and organizational skills.
- Very punctual and dependable.
- Maintain company vehicle to neat clean and safe standard (where applicable).
- Ability to take direction and work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with tankless and water heater installation.
- Must have some experience in sales and be able to consistently generate hvac leads and enroll customers in new service plans
- Be willing and able to work rotating shifts and standby duties as required, including weekends.
- Training will be provided.
Instructions for Applying: