Instructor (College) - Social Services
Posted on 27-Aug-2020 by Native Education & Training College
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Native Education & Training College (NETC) is a private Indigenous college in North Bay, Ontario, and also works with First Nations and Indigenous organizations to deliver programs throughout Canada and the USA. NETC works to strengthen Indigenous communities through accredited programs that lead to employment and higher learning. We pride ourselves on changing lives through education by helping our students achieve their personal and academic goals. We are happy to say that we are looking for an Instructor to join our team!
The purpose of the Instructor is to lead and contribute to the academic success of students and to the success of the College in achieving its statement of purpose. Under general direction, the Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction and facilitating student learning according to the prescribed curriculum.
Specifically, the Instructor will be responsible for:
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Evaluating student performance fairly and consistently
- Contributing to the development of curriculum and instructional materials
- Supporting the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience
- Acting in a manner that upholds the College standards
- Participating in College and Program Activities
- Monitoring and reviewing students during practicum and/or clinical placements, as program requires
To be successful in the Instructor position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in the human service field
- 6000 hours (estimated 3 years) experience in the human service field
- 270 hours training specific to addictions
- Expertise within the industry as evidenced by references in the field
- Eligibility for certification as a RSW.
- A minimum 1 year of instructional experience or hold a certificate in Adult Education.
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction, including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Interest in pedagogical and multi-modal education approaches an asset.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- High standards of behaviour, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and staff.
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of students, to provide feedback and treat students equitably.
- Learn and use technology to enhance the student learning experience.
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all who may apply. Contact will be made with those invited for an interview