Posted on 24-Dec-2018 by Knox Hutchison Insurance
Location Nipissing, North Bay
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR A MEANINGFUL CAREER - 2019
Our fast-growing insurance firm is seeking a full time, permanent Insurance Broker. This position may deal with personal lines, commercial lines or a mix of personal & commercial lines. The position is based in North Bay, Ontario.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence, integrity and effective interpersonal skills in servicing clients and prospecting for new business. The successful candidate is highly-motivated, takes pride in personal and professional accomplishments and achieves results.
- Provide exceptional service to insurance clients.
- Increase new business by determining and meeting the insurance needs of prospective clients.
- Correctly quote renewal and new business using underwriting standards and by employing underwriting reports and accurate ITVs.
- Efficiently input data into broker management systems and manage data uploads and downloads.
- Oversee invoicing and billing for client portfolio.
- Ensure prompt and timely follow-up with client requests.
- Strengthen relationships with major insurers through frequent and effective communication.
- Provide guidance and support to colleagues.
- Accomplish special projects and campaigns as they arise.
- Enhance firm’s reputation by owning and accomplishing new and diverse professional responsibilities; demonstrate ability to add value across role.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional client service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to generate new business.
- Strong interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Self-confident and motivated.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Practices process improvement.
- RIBO license in good standing.
- Post-secondary education is an asset.
An attractive compensation package commensurate with experience and capability will be offered to the successful candidate.