Posted on 21-Dec-2018 by North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited
Location Nipissing, North Bay
North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited strives to provide high levels of customer satisfaction and reliable electrical service within the community of North Bay. We value employees and are looking for the right person to come and join our exciting and dedicated team.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Information Technology, the purpose IT Specialist position is to ensure the stability, reliability, security, and performance of the IT infrastructure to support all business functions. This position is responsible for supporting the IT/Billing functions such as AS400 maintenance, printing services, and Sync Operator Function.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Minimum Computer Systems Technology Ontario College Advanced Diploma and/or relevant utility experience with focus in technology with three years related experience.
Be able to provide technical support in the following areas:
- Provide Application Software Support (AS400/Wintel platforms) including application patches/upgrades, test environment refreshes, query/report writing, batch scheduling, application security
- Provide platform support for AS400 (patching, backup/recovery, tape management, user management)
- Provide Database Admin: DB2
- Support integration tools (Cleo)
- Support print room functions, including bill printing and printer, inserter/folder, and postage unit support
- Provide SyncOp function (MDM-R data)
- Compliance with Cyber-Security directives
- Facilities and Asset Lifecycle Management
- Provide first-level vendor management (PoC)