IT Support Technician
Posted on 05-Jan-2021 by DSI Underground Canada Ltd.
Location Nipissing, West Nipissing
IT Support Technician
Join the DSI Underground Family and become a member of a world class team!
DSI Underground is a leader in developing, producing and supplying innovative products and systems for Underground Mining. We support our customers in reaching a higher level of safety Underground. In order to live up to our high standards, we need employees who think along the same lines as we do.
Your success is our success. That’s why we offer a broad range of development prospects and career opportunities within the DSI Underground Group.
It is important to us that new DSI Underground employees become part of our wider “family” and share our values and our culture.
DSI is looking for an IT Support Technician at our Sturgeon Falls location. This is a full-time role reporting to the ERP Business Analyst Lead. This position will be the first point of contact for employee calls and provide timely and effective resolutions for any IT issues that they are experiencing. This will be accomplished by performing proper diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary.
*Some travel may be required
- Receive front-line calls from employees and resolve their IT related issues, such as password and email reset, software installation and updates, peripheral equipment, inability to print and display configuration issues.
- Following up on routine user problems and escalating more complex problems to IT Support Coordinator.
- Logging records of calls and maintaining documentation.
- Analyzing incident reports to reduce incident rate.
- Maintaining IT inventory and supporting the local team on a need basis.
- Remote technical and troubleshooting tools.
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues
- Configure and deploy new computers, monitors, laptops, iPads, hardware peripherals, multimedia hardware, and mobile devices, in an enterprise environment.
- Onboard new employees including ordering and setting up equipment, email accounts and network access.
- Install networking cabling.
- Post-secondary education in an IT-related discipline is an asset
- Minimum 3 years of IT technical and/or IT helpdesk experience is preferred.
- Excellent Customer service skills is required
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication and follow up skills
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of IT systems, infrastructure, documentation, technology, and software.
- Excellent knowledge of client hardware
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
In keeping with the directives from the Governments and Public Health, DSI continues to monitor the situation and our focus remains on the health and safety of our employees. DSI is providing face masks, hand sanitizers, etc. along with regular cleaning.
- IT Support/Help desk : 3 years (Required)
- IT systems, infrastructure, documentation, technology : 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Canadian work: 5 years (Preferred)