Labourer - General Construction
Posted on 16-Jul-2020 by W.S. Morgan Construction Limited
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
W.S. Morgan Construction Limited (based in Parry Sound) is looking to hire a General Labourer for construction work in Parry Sound/Muskoka. Construction experience is an asset. Candidates local to Parry Sound/Muskoka are preferred. Health & Safety procedures and on the job training will be provided.
Labourers work with wood, wood-substitutes, or other material such as drywall, plaster, steel, copper or tiles. Labourers may assist in the construction, erection, installation, maintenance or repair of various structures and be responsible for clean-up, lifting and relocating materials and supplies. Manual labour, lifting, and use hand tools is required.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Labourer -
- is responsible for following instructions during construction.
- Monitors and corrects deficiencies as directed by supervisors.
- Anticipates, monitors and corrects deficiencies without supervision.
- Controls construction details necessary to complete assigned work to specifications and according to schedule
- Communicates with senior management, Site Supervisor, Project Manager, employees, subcontractors and clients to disseminate verbal and written information.
- Follow instructions to complete an assignment. Follow verbal and / or written instructions. Suggests alternative methods to the foreman / site supervisor.
- Use knowledge of the qualities of building materials and equipment to select the best method to complete an assignment.
- Lay out, measure, cut, assemble and join various materials
- Some heaving lifting
- Use a variety of hand and power tools safely and effectively
- Identify areas of concern to the site supervisor / architect / production team to ensure problems, errors and omissions are detected and corrected.
- Report deficiencies, issues, and health and safety concerns to the supervisor
Experience in construction is preferred.