Labourer - Production
Posted on 03-Dec-2018 by Di-Corp
Location Nipissing, North Bay
- Lifts, positions, and removes work pieces from machines to assist in material processing.
- Packaging of manufactured product for shipping.
- Load, stack and transport stock, tools, and work in process by hand or with lifting equipment.
- Clean work stations, removing scraps, dust, shavings or other by-products from the machinery and surrounding areas.
- Maintain shop, tools and equipment in a safe and clean working order.
- Operate basic hand tools and power tools (drills, disc grinders, banding tools, etc.)
- Operate equipment as described in company procedures (metal cutting saws, cutting torches, blast cabinets, presses, material handling equipment etc.)
- Count or measure components and fabrication of product & assemblies.
- Commitment to safe work practices including: safe handling of products; ergonomically correct lifting techniques; work space free of potential hazards; immediate reporting and corrective action taken for any incidents; proper identification of all hazardous materials at the worksite; proper stacking and storage of products within the shop.
- Meet customer expectations.
- Meet the operational objectives while complying with the overall corporate goals.
- Maintain a safe working environment and promote health and safety awareness.
- Identify, investigate and correct unsafe practices.
- Meet set deadlines.
- Lift / Carry weights to 50 lbs.
- Push / Pull weights to 150 lbs.
- Work in cold/outdoor conditions as required
Instructions for Applying: