Posted on 15-May-2020 by Evergreen Landscaping
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Job Description: Landscaper
Reports to: Landscape Construction Supervisor
The Landscaper is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks in order to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects. The landscape labourer will be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specified job tasks.
Evergreen Landscaping is one of the top landscaping service companies in North Bay and surrounding areas. We provide landscaping services to home owners, apartment complexes, commercial buildings and municipalities. Development of employee aspirations, skills, and job stability are important to Evergreen Landscaping in order to create careers for its employees, not just temporary jobs.
Detail Overview of Responsibilities:
Positive Team Player:
- Work safely and in a responsible manner, with keen participation and initiative.
- Demonstrate continuous growth through personal goal achievement.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations and local health and safety regulations
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Communicate to customer in polite and courteous manner
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and shop/yard areas
Efficiently Produce Work:
- Construct interlock driveways, walkways and patios. As well as interlock walls, installing fences, building decks etc.
- Dig ditches or trenches and perform land clearing activities
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects
- Transport materials using shovels, wheelbarrows, carts, dollies, and hand lifting/carrying
- Operate various tools including: chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Coordinate with garden designer/landscape architect to ensure client's expectations are met.
Key Success Behaviors, Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Highly alert, and demonstrates problem solving skills
- Driven to improve efficiencies, with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Pay close attention to detail, critical thinker and
- Structured in organization and time management, demonstrating initiative
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written in English)
- Demonstrate basic math skills
- Follow instructions
- Perform work quickly and efficiently, demanding excellence in quality of work
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Desire to embrace and use technology
Minimum Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years experience in the Landscape/construction industry
- Pay will be determined based on level of experience. Range for hourly wage is $16-$22.
- Strong knowledge of Landscaping management, maintenance, and design..
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours; could include weekend work, long hours, and work outside of 7:30 A.M. to 5 P.M. time frame as required.
Please apply by sending your Cover Letter and Resume via e-mail