Leak Survey Technician
Posted on 05-Apr-2021 by Hetek Solutions Inc.
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Are you a self-motivated individual with a love of the outdoors? Are you physically fit with an energetic personality? Do you work well with others but are capable of working independently? We may have a job opportunity for you!
Hetek Solutions is seeking responsible and highly motivated individuals to conduct field surveying from April 29th until September 3rd to work as part of a crew performing walking inspections of natural gas distribution systems throughout Ontario.
Before commencing fieldwork, applicants must successfully complete our In-house training program with online and in-field instruction on Hetek's procedures using specialized gas detection and GPS instruments. Ideal candidates should relish the thought of walking 30 km a day through difficult terrain, spending your summer on the road with colleagues, keeping people safe, and working in a team environment with stringent quality standards.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Walking along natural gas pipelines, entering yards to inspect up to the gas meter, walking in rural areas occasionally through very rough terrain including creeks, streams, wooded areas, and various field types. All walking is during daylight hours. The job will also include various daily reporting duties which may require some paperwork
· Taking Corrosion reads to determine the integrity of the Ontario pipeline
· Participation in special surveys based on Hetek's customer's needs
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be available for work from April 29th until September 3rd
· Must be available for full-time hours including weekends and overtime as required to complete work
· Willing to commit fully to travel and life on the road when required
· Enjoy working outdoors in various weather conditions
· Ability to work independently and with a team
· Follow a tight schedule and meet goals
· Physically fit and able to walk up to 30 km/day
· Ability to work alone in remote locations of various terrains
· Full Driver's License and 3-year drivers abstract
· All accommodations and meal allowance are provided while working away from home base
· A minimum of $15/hr with potential to earn up to $20/hr
· Paid training provided
· Room for growth within the company and long term work (full time)
· Use of a company vehicle
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the continuing impact of COVID-19, our top priority is ensuring that our employees are safe and policies and procedures are being developed to effectively handle our response to the outbreak. See below:
- Field work performed under a supervisor with no direct contact with any other employees, clients or customers
- Sanitary precautions including training and supplies
- Classroom training will be done online and social distancing guidelines will be adhered to during field training.