Machinist - CNC
Posted on 31-Mar-2021 by Boart Longyear
Location Nipissing, West Nipissing
Job Description :
Boart Longyear is accepting resumes for the role of Machine Operator based in North Bay, Ontario. In this high-volume production environment, Boart Longyear is committed to high quality, safety, environmental and continuous improvement practices. Applicants should be able to demonstrate shared values in this area.
- Working in a high-volume production environment, you will:
- Operate CNC machines performing various machining processes such as: drilling, boring, milling, reaming, of various materials
- Inspect finished products as required to insure they meet the required dimensions
- Verify equipment and maintain work area including housekeeping, data reporting, tool changes
- Uses pins, calipers, micrometers, other measuring tools and equipment as required
- Participate in Continuous Improvement measures
- Regard Safety as a high priority
- Perform other tasks as required and assigned
You will possess the following qualifications/attributes:
- Knowledge of Fanuc and Okuma controls
- Blueprint reading
- Strong Math skills
- Use of measuring tools
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Candidates must be able to adapt to 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts
- Candidates must also be able to adapt to a 24/7 shift schedule.
Education and Experience:
- College diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of related experience
About Boart Longyear:
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies with a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service. The company provides mineral exploration services and drilling products for the global mining industry and has a presence in drilling water exploration, environmental sampling, energy, and oil sands exploration.
The Global Drilling Services division operates for a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium and other metals and minerals. The Global Products division designs, manufactures and sells drilling equipment, performance tooling, down-hole instrumentation and parts and services.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA with operations around the globe in 40 countries with 5,000 employees. We are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX: BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.