Posted on 02-Sep-2020 by Homewood Suites by Hilton
Location Nipissing, North Bay
POSITION AVAILABLE: MAINTENANCE MANAGER – FULL TIME*
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
HOTEL: HOMEWOOD SUITES BY HILTON
LOCATION: NORTH BAY, ONTARIO
Under the general guidance of the Hotel General Manager and within the limits of establishing Homewood Suites By Hilton policies and procedures, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for responding to internal and external calls and may also assist in maintaining the hotel facilities in optimum operating condition, by performing preventative maintenance and repairs on hotel power plant machinery (including heat, light, power, air conditioning, plumbing and refrigeration). The candidate must have the ability to communicate and interact with guests, work independently and productively and prioritize and handle multiple assignments. This position is ideal for a team oriented, versatile, well-groomed hospitality professional. In this role the Maintenance Manager must have a willingness to learn and advance themselves within the engineering department.
- General repairs to buildings, equipment and furnishings.
- General decorating of rooms and other areas including painting, wallpapering, and surface repairs.
- Maintaining the effectiveness of building mechanical, electrical and fire detection and safety systems.
- Making minor adjustments to the building mechanical, electrical and fire systems as deemed necessary.
- Routine surveillance of grounds, including parking lots. Maintain the grounds in a neat and tidy fashion.
- Maintain a high level of safety and security for Residents, Staff, visitors, guests.
- Maintain the preventive maintenance program
- Selection and acquisition of maintenance supplies and their efficient, effective and safe use.
- Keep records on building utilities consumed, repairs and adjustments made.
- Acquire and maintain files of operating manuals and other data pertaining to all furnishings and equipment.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of maintenance supplies for day-to-day use.
- Maintain security of the building, contents, and the well-being of the residents.
- Selection and recommending the acquisition of maintenance equipment and the storage of same.
- To work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act by:
- Respond to in-house guests maintenance calls
- 3-5 years previous maintenance experience in a fast paced hotel environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and command of English language.
- Computer Savvy.
- Completion of Post Secondary Education in Hospitality or related field
- Must be available to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be currently living in Canada and be ready to provide proof of eligibility to Work in Canada or be a Canadian Citizen. (Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement).