Manager - Business Development
Posted on 12-Nov-2018 by Westburne
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Job Description: Westburne, a division of Rexel Canada Electrical Inc., is a leader in electrical product distribution, participating in the commercial, residential, industrial and institutional markets across Canada.
Westburne offers competitive compensation packages, and more importantly, opportunities for professional development, growth and satisfaction through active employee development engagement and communications. Further, Westburne offers longer term opportunities for career advancement tailored to your personal and professional goals. If you want to work in a dynamic team environment and you excel when being trusted with responsibility then Westburne is the place for you.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and results oriented. He/she will conduct himself/herself in a professional manner, providing superior customer service to new and existing customers. The candidate possess excellent time management, organizational and communication skills and will have a passion to succeed at what they do.
- Manage sales funnel to ensure achievement of sales goals and targets
- Use Salesforce to manage the sales process and customer activity
- Uncover new sales opportunities and net new accounts using various prospecting methods including market research, networking, trade shows, etc.
- Work with the branch/operations teams to ensure customers are serviced on their day-to-day needs
- Build key customer relationships at various levels within the customer organization
- Work with various sales channel partners for prospecting new account opportunities and closing sales
- Cultivate an environment of trust, teamwork, accountability, self-confidence, and business ownership
- Stay current on new product and service offerings from our key channel partners
Applicants should also have the following qualifications/skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of 5 years sales experience or a combination of education and experience to satisfy this requirement
- Has experience working with Salesforce (ideal)
- Have a basic understanding of the electrical industry (ideal)
- Distribution experience (ideal)
- Minimum 5 years sales experience with a proven track record of achieving results
- Experience building key stakeholder relationships
- Extremely organized with exceptional time management skills
- Has strong technical aptitude
- Able to interpret various financial and business reports
- Proficiency in various Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- Able to learn or be knowledgeable on various smartphone applications to conduct business (including but not exclusive to: Salesforce and Microsoft Teams)
Instructions for Applying: