Manager - Food and Nutrition
Posted on 03-Jul-2020 by Eastholme Home for the Aged
Location Parry Sound, Powassan
Food and Nutrition Manager (Full Time, Permanent)
Eastholme, Home for the Aged is a 128 bed Municipal Long-Term Care home serving the East District of Parry Sound. We are now accepting applications for the position of Food and Nutrition Manager.
Position: Reporting to the Administrator, the Food and Nutrition Manager is responsible for directing, planning, organizing and overseeing the daily activities of the Dietary Department to ensure that the nutritional needs of each resident at Eastholme are met within the established budget and legislative standards. In addition the Food and Nutrition Manager will provide backup supervisory support to the Manager of Environmental Services.
· Must be an active member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or a Registered Dietitian.
· Current Food Handler’s Certificate.
· Recent work experience in a supervisory position in a health care setting preferred
· Certificate in Infection Control Practices or equivalent considered an asset.
· Excellent knowledge of the Long-Term Care Homes Act 2007 and Regulations and demonstrated competencies of basic therapeutic nutrition as it relates to the needs of the residents.
· Effectively manage changing conditions and implement continuous improvements.
· Be receptive to work flexible hours based on the needs of the operations.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
· Computer skills including Word/Excel/Outlook, Point Click Care.
· Responsible for leading the resident centered nutrition care and dietary services program for the home
·Direct dietary department employees including recruitment, staffing, performance development, scheduling, planning and supervision of work.
· Train and supervise employees, prepare and review performance evaluations, assign duties and prepare work schedules and authorize changes and record of attendance.
· With support from the Registered Dietitian prepare seasonal menus
· Coordinate food and supply orders and inventory
· Complete daily meal rounds during service period, ensure dietary records are up-to-date, including seating plans, nourishment labels
· Lead the Resident Food Committee and adjust the menus accordingly.
· Participate in Dietary Quality Assurance activities and Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) program.
· Develop, implement and evaluate departmental policies and procedures in accordance with the standards of the Long-Term Care Homes Act 2007 and Regulations and Public Health.
· Assist the Registered Dietitian with clinical nutrition assessments (RAI/MDS)
· Daily communication with employees and inspection of all dietary service areas.
· Organize and present employee training sessions.
· Investigate new products, equipment and techniques for improving dietary services.
· Prepare and submit to the Administrator a departmental operating budget and operational report on a yearly basis and adhere to the approved budget.
· As a member of the Management team, perform other related duties required or assigned, including providing backup supervisory support to the Manager of Environmental Services including supervision and scheduling of employees.
- Consent to a criminal reference check including vulnerable sector screen as a condition of employment.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Competitive group benefits package and OMERS pension