Manager - Guest Experience
Posted on 27-Mar-2021 by Swiss Chalet
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Responsibility % of Time
*Deliver a Perfect Guest Experience
- Monitor the improvement of all KPI’s regarding Guest satisfaction.
- Identify root causes of gaps in Guest satisfaction and assist in the development of corrective and proactive action plans where appropriate
- Where appropriate follow-up and successfully resolve all Guest complaints and ensure root cause is identified and corrected.
- Coach leaders to ensure consistent delivery on our promise to create connections with Guests by creating quality food and beverages and an inviting atmosphere.
- Communicate with guests on a regular basis to gain insights on how to make improvements to the overall Guest Experience
People Development – Associate Engagement
- Develop Managers and Associates by ensuring regular one-on-one meetings, training and development, regular coaching, and performance improvement measures.
- Leverage CARA University in the development of Associates and Managers to enhance retention and support the “Grow from Within” strategy.
- Recruitment Selection processes adhered to.
- Foster a culture of recognition and rewards focused on the achievement of KPI’s and Perfect Guest Experience results.
- Develop tactics that create an engaging environment where all Associates work together as a team, have fun and show genuine appreciation for our Guests and each other.
Financial and Restaurant Profitability
- Build plans that enhance or restore financial health to the business
- Accountable for the development of sales budgets and responsible for the successful execution of these budgets.
- Responsible for generating growth and same restaurant sales and transactions (guest counts) through local restaurant marketing initiatives.
- Proactively monitor financial performance to delivery on key financial results such as same restaurant sales and average cheque, EBITDA, profitability and royalties.
- Subject matter expert on all restaurant systems such as RBOS, MICROS, Webflex etc. to effectively coach Managers and Associates on the use of system, tools and reporting.
- Regularly conducts P&L reviews to analyze financial metrics and provide cost control solutions.
Restaurant Quality / Operational Excellence
- Maintain and enhance brand standards by ensuring systems and processes are in place
- Follow restaurant maintenance programs ensuring immaculate facilities, equipment, interior and exterior parking lot and grounds
- 100% compliance and engagement in menu launches, new equipment, marketing programs etc
- Ensures all required statements are timely, accurate and in compliance with CARA controls
- Follow-up on all internal CARA audits to develop and ensure solutions are implemented and sustained.
- Maintain a good understanding of competitive activity within market and communicate relevant information to Area Managers
Food / Restaurant Safety
- Comply with provincial legislation regarding employment standards, human rights, Health & Safety, WHMIS
- Responsible for ensuring successful third part audits including Steritech, Provincial legislative compliance (ESA), Pest Control etc.
- Develop and follow-up on all Food Safety action plans to ensure future compliance and reduce potential liability.
- Ensure compliance with respect to cash and inventory controls
- Manage all ongoing operations of a restaurant while achieving business requirements (including reporting, adherence to local and provincial legislation and regulations, development of reports, measuring and achieving KPIs, etc)
- All recruitment, training, and ongoing scheduling, and performance management of Associates
- Ensure Guest Experience is maintained by quickly and effectively resolving Guest complaints before they leave the restaurant
- Ensure all operating procedures, standards and controls are adhered to
- Respond to changing volume patterns – weather, community events
- Proficient people manager with coaching experience and the ability to listen and respond effectively to Associate and Guest concerns
- Ability to understand complex business metrics and KPIs and recognize how they can be improved in the operation
- Ability to write reports summarizing restaurant and staff accomplishments and status updates
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, associates, customers, etc.
- Mediation and facilitation skills in order to ensure Guest and Associate related concerns are dealt with immediately and effectively*
Overall Working Conditions
- Majority of time will be standing in a restaurant environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associates is regularly required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and talk and hear
- Occasionally lift boxes and other restaurant service equipment
- Occasionally there will be angry Guests to listen and respond to