Manager - Home and Community Care
Posted on 24-Dec-2018 by Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Ontario Branch
Location Nipissing, North Bay
The Manager Home & Community Care provides professional and practice leadership and is responsible for ensuring the provision of safe, effective quality client care. Coordinates and manages the delivery of in home care services, staff training, programs, and supervision of all front line staff and team operations. The position is accountable for executing site operational plans, and ensuring adherence to all policies and practices.
Summary: The Manager Home and Community Care (HCC)- Regulated provides professional and practice leadership to staff and is responsible for ensuring the provision of safe, effective quality client care within their program area. The position is accountable for working as part of an integrated Regional management team to ensure the successful execution of site operational goals and for managing the delivery of in home care services, staff hiring, supervision and training, client service programs and team operations.
- Directs and monitors delivery of client care services and day to day functions and performance of front line staff in accordance with current regulatory guidelines and VON policies, procedures and standards. • Assists staff to complete risk assessments, investigations of issues, injuries and reporting related to client or employee incidents.
- Monitors performance related to funder expectations regularly and contributes to the development and implementation of quality improvement activities to achieve performance targets through monitoring of reported services.
- Guides new employees through the orientation process and ensures all probationary reviews and stay interviews are completed.
- Applies a working knowledge of the relevant collective agreements and application of local labour rules in daily decision-making activities.
- Participates in budget preparation, financial performance management and measurement reports.
- Receives and documents all employee, family and client complaints or issues related to service delivery; engages other VON managers in resolving the issue or complaint and escalates, if required, to the appropriate Director.
- Participates on the on-call rotation.
- Facilitates front line staff development and growth using a team approach and working in concert with the practice leaders, educators, preceptors and clinical experts to facilitate excellent outcomes for quality care delivery, client service and provider safety, and service provider competence. This includes and is not limited to use of competency assessments, annual performance development plans, individual learning plans, referral to practice educators and on-going mentorship.
- Provides service provider personnel with access to clinical advice, support and clinical reference resources.
- Assists with the delivery of in home care services, as required. Common Leadership Responsibilities: • Promotes the strategy of VON and its role as an integrated community care provider to all stakeholders and staff.
- Prioritizes and ensures alignment of emerging opportunities in the community with VON strategic plan.
- Provides leadership in navigating the requirements and complexities of unionized and nonunionized environments.
- Coaches, advises, motivates, and provides leadership to staff; creates a positive workplace for staff.
- Ensures the completion of performance development and learning plans for all staff.
- Promotes common approaches to orientation, learning, motivating, recognizing and supporting staff when achieving organizational goals; such as meeting or exceeding KPIs, meeting or exceeding milestones.
- Provides leadership and commitment to building client and family engagement and following Accreditation Canada Standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BScN) or equivalent
- Current CNO registration in good standing
- Demonstrated skills over 5 years in leading staff in a community nursing environment include: facility with information and communication technology and practices, budget management, decision making, coaching, negotiation, and program or project management.
- Successful completion of VON defined education and training required to be fully competent in the role
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Willingness to travel regularly during the day as well as periodically overnight(s) to support sites and attend meetings.
- Available to work flexible hours.