Manager - Home & Community Care
Posted on 27-Nov-2018 by Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Ontario Branch
Location Nipissing, North Bay
The Manager Home and Community Care (HCC) provides professional and practice leadership to staff and is responsible for ensuring the provision of safe, effective quality client care within their program area. The position is accountable for working as part of an integrated Regional management team to ensure the successful execution of site operational goals and for managing the delivery of in-home care services, staff hiring, supervision and training and client service programs and team operations.
- Directs and monitors delivery of client care services and day to day functions and performance of the staff in accordance with current regulatory guidelines and VON policies, procedures and standards.
- Monitors performance related to funder expectations regularly and contributes to the development and implementation of quality improvement activities to achieve performance targets through monitoring of reported services.
- Applies a working knowledge of the relevant collective agreements and application of local labour rules in daily decision-making activities.
- Participates in budget preparation, financial performance management and measurement reports.
- Assesses and documents community needs and assists in developing business and funding proposals to meet emerging opportunities.
- Facilitates front line staff development and growth using a team approach and working in concert with the practice leaders and educators to facilitate excellent outcomes for quality care delivery, client service and provider safety, and service provider competence. This includes and is not limited to use of competency assessments, annual performance development plans, individual learning plans, referral to practice educators and on-going mentorship.
- Prioritizes and ensures alignment of emerging opportunities in the community with VON strategic plan.
- Promotes the LEAN team management approach to ensure a common paradigm of management and discipline of management practices.
- Provides leadership and commitment to building client and family engagement and following Accreditation Canada Standards.
- Interacts with Client Organizations such as LHIN, CCAC, District Health Authorities, Ministries of Health and community health, social and service agencies
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Bachelor or Post-Secondary education, Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse, Social Work, or other related education and experience. Candidates with significant HC/CSS experience and managing LHIN funded programs will also be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in home and community support services
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing others.
- Experience in community work and working with community partners in a collaborative way.
- Experience engaging with municipal, provincial and national external groups in a related field.
- Experience in negotiation, conflict management, financial management and working with staff and volunteers.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Excellent critical thinking, assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High level of organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to exercise innovation and identifying opportunities by practicing LEAN principles and methodologies.
- Strong public relations and networking skills.
- Demonstrated skill sets in leadership, and team building.
- Ability to accept and facilitate change.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Willingness to travel regularly during the day as well as periodically overnight(s) to support sites and attend meetings.
- Available to work flexible hours.