Manager - Quality Control
Posted on 15-May-2020 by Van Horne Construction Limited
Location Nipissing, North Bay
About the Company
For almost half a century, Van Horne has been serving as a general contractor in the construction industry. We have completed various sizes of projects of industrial, retail and office buildings, plants, banks, health care facilities, plazas and custom-built homes to renovations and additions.
The Quality Control Manager will assist the project’s Site Superintendent, Project Manager and Project Coordinator. It is essential for the position that they can multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, proactive, a good problem solver and organized. This position requires assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner.
Responsibilities Quality Control Manager
· Day to day execution of the Quality Plan
· Work with trade contractors to develop the Quality Plan and ensure quality workmanship on site.
· Maintain quality records on site.· Facilitating quality inspections by the DCC Representative (Client)
· Report to the supervisor and the DCC Representative on the quality process for the project.
· The Quality Management Plan (QMP) structure shall have three phases of control as defined as:
o QMP Quality Planning
o QMP Quality Control
o QMP Quality Assurance
· Coordination of the Quality Planning process shall be the responsibility of the Quality Manager
· Maintain an effective shop drawing verification and approval system
· Coordination of the Quality Assurance process shall be the responsibility of the Quality Manager
· Verify maintenance instruction, maintenance materials, spare pmts, special tools have been assembled for transfer to the DCC Representative
· After the start of construction, conduct weekly QC meetings. The QC Manager is to prepare the minutes of the meeting and provide a copy to the DCC Representative within two working days after the meeting. The DCC Representative will typically attend these meetings. As a minimum, accomplish the following at each meeting:
o Review the minutes of the previous meeting
o Review the schedule and the status of work and rework
o Review the status of submittals
o Review the work to be accomplished in the next two weeks and the documentation required
o Resolved QC and production problems
o Address items that may require revising the QC plan
o Review the status of training completion
o Review QC Plan and Progress
· The QC Manager shall maintain current and complete records of on-site and off-site QC program operations and activities.
· Liaison between site and main office (documentation, health/safety, etc.)
· Post all Health & Safety and other important documents around the site
· Preparing and submitting daily/weekly time sheets, expense reports & document control
· Understand the project scope of work and all specifications
· Administers and maintains highly confidential and specialized information and records.
- The QC Manager must be a graduate of a accredited degree or diploma program in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering Technology or Building Construction, with work experience as a project superintendent, QC Manager, Project Manager, Project Engineer or Construction Manager on similar size and type construction contracts which include the major trades that are part of this contract. The individual must be familiar with the requirements and have experience in the areas of hazard identification and safety compliance.
- Sound oral and written communication skills,
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel; and Lotus notes
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Ability to learn new terms and skill sets
· Works in a team environment