Manager - Restaurant
Posted on 11-Jun-2020 by Soul Food Group
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Soul Foods Group of Companies is a family-owned business, established in the UK and expanded into Canada, comprising three global brands, KFC, Starbucks and Taco Bell. Soul Foods Group has established a highly experienced and capable leadership team with extensive industry experience. Importantly, we’re devoted to our employees around the globe and the unique culture we’ve built, where pride is infectious and translates to satisfied guests at each of our restaurant locations.
Soul Restaurants Canada comprises of Restaurants including KFC and Taco Bell brands. Individual units vary in size, sales, budgets dependent on location and asset type. The Restaurant General Manager will assume operational responsibility of one unit, supervising between 10 – 60 people, with Sales ranging from $500,000 to $3,000,000 per Annum.
You will lead and oversee the management of all aspects of the restaurant business. Through coaching, developing, motivating and engaging all in store employees create a culture to be proud of. Through ‘beat year ago’ mentality you will ensure the continued growth and success of the brand by developing and communicating a breakthrough strategy which delivers outstanding business results
Manage Store to achieve sales, profit, people and customer targets, while adhering to company policies, procedures and standards. Achieving consistent results through team management within an increasingly complex restaurant environment.
- Conduct and complete robust Performance Appraisals and IDP’s with all managers and employees in line with the company guidelines and timescales.
- Proactively develop team members and managers, ensuring a robust ‘talent pipeline’ is in place.
- Plan and facilitate regular Management and Team meetings in line with Soul Restaurant’s Success Routines. Meetings should be informative, interactive and business relative. Capture meeting minutes and follow up.
- Proactively and consistently manage all in-store Employee Relations issues. Ensure all issues are managed in line with statutory requirements and employment law, updating Area Manager/Area Coach and PCL, as appropriate.
- Drive a high performance culture in store. Proactively utilize Soul Restaurant’s Performance Improvement Process with individuals identified as not meeting expected performance levels
- Utilize the Bench Planning process, effectively managing staffing levels and recruitment ensuring your restaurant is staffed to optimum at all times. Actively utilize recruitment systems and tools (posters, HMS, TMRI, SIG, realistic Job preview) and consistently recruit in line with Soul Restaurant’s Employment policy.
- Rigorously follow legislative requirements associated with recruitment of employees – working time regulations, Visa Restrictions.
- Proactively manage and oversee all new starters through their Induction and in store Training Schedule.
- Coach All employees to understand the relevance of the HWWT2 principles to their roles and live and breathe the principles on every shift.
- Maintain up to date personnel files and training records for all employees.
- Track team absence, taking action in line with Soul Restaurant’s absence management policy where appropriate. Manage team holidays in line with the needs of the business.
- Ensure all statutory and company Health, Safety and Food Safety regulations are strictly adhered to at all times and corrective action taken in a timely manner as necessary.
- Actively promote safety and wellbeing of every employee, customer or contractor in line with company policy as outlined in CSL.
- All employees to be fully trained on fire procedures, Health & Safety, Food Safety and Security/Robbery procedures.
- Company Security Procedures to be rigorously followed in order to ensure the security of people, premises, stock, equipment and monies at all times.
- Create a customer focused environment which is appealing to the brand’s diverse customer base
- Rigorously complete period ROCC evaluation and implement actions to ensure resolution of issues and to drive consistent improvement. Rigorously follow up on ROCC Action Plans, completing actions in a timely manner.
- Manage all customer complaints in line with company policy, escalating issues to Area Manager/Area Coach, where appropriate.
- Fully comply and adhere to RGM Success Routines.
- Regularly review GES reports. Develop and communicate a period GES plan, utilizing relevant company tools (OCL’s, Coaching) to ensure the restaurant is consistently achieving the company standard.
- Robustly follow up on any issues arising from local Regulatory audits, ensuring corrective action is taken in a timely manner as required.
- Utilize company tools and reports so that the store consistently provides an excellent level of customer service (e.g. prep for peak, GES reports).
25 % Sales
- Through exceptional operational standards and a ‘maniacal’ approach to customer service, consistently seek to maximize the sales in the restaurant. Set and communicate Bold Sales Goals to the team, striving to consistently exceed sales targets.
- Create and execute local marketing activities to optimize potential sales growth.
- Understand the local competition and increase visibility within the local community to ensure awareness of any common issues, competitor activity or forthcoming events that may impact the business.
- Build Know How of surrounding restaurants, sharing best practice across area and region.
- Develop a strong sales culture in your store, setting team members and managers clear sales targets for every shift.
- Manage team member incentives and drive regular recognition in store.
- Ensure Points of sale are update to date at all times and team trained on all new products enabling them to drive sales.
- Maximize the profitability of the restaurant by understanding and controlling all restaurant costs (e.g. labor, food). Monitor daily, weekly and periodically to ensure alignment to AOP targets.
- Develop a strategy to maximize profitability of your restaurant, regularly reviewing and adapting in line with business needs. Accurately forecast sales and labor to reflect trends and promotions.
- Accurately complete management schedules one month in advance and submit to Area Manager/Area Coach.
- Prepare and plan for periodical Balance Score Card review with Area Manager/Area Coach.
- Prepare and plan for weekly conference call, consider and analyze all relevant information in advance.
- Actively utilize system reports and company tools to guarantee 100% product availability, investigating and following up on all discrepancies.
- Complete a robust financial audit quarterly and communicate results to Area Manager/Area Coach along with Action Plan to drive improvement, where appropriate. Rigorously follow up on official financial audit action plan completed by Asset Protection Manager and/or Area Manager/Area Coach.
- Robustly and regularly review and analyze daily, weekly and monthly paperwork with particular focus on shift success routines and food safety management system.
- Minimum high school educated, advanced education preferred
- Assistant Manager with minimum 1 year experience and current performance of at least OT, or 2 to 3 years supervisory experience in food service or related Industry.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills.
- Basic HR/ER knowledge (disciplinary/grievance process)
- Proven ability to plan, coach, train and delegate effectively with track record of developing people
- Commercial Awareness
- Demonstrate strong sales focus
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical, decision making skills
- Understanding of P&L
- Basic business, math and accounting skills
- Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Email)
Soul Foods Group is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.