ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM RECYCLING?
Take recycling to a global scale.
Join us in our mission to recycle more than 3 000 000 tons of metal every year across the globe. At AIM Recycling, we recycle metals to the maximum of their capacity. For more than 80 years, we have been uniting our strengths to make a positive difference. Join our team to contribute to our company’s growth and to support our recycling activities in North America.
It’s simple: we do it right. We aim for excellence.
Under the authority of the Manager, the position holder will supervise, lead and control, in part, operational tasks relating to the North Bay Yard. He/she will respond effectively to quality and productivity and health and safety requirements. He/she will see to the planning of operations and collaborate with management to continuously optimize and improve processes.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual who will be able to guide and train employees. He/She will be well-versed in processes under the role’s responsibility and will be results-driven and focused.
The goal is to ensure that operations are carried out productively so as to ensure profitability and sustainable growth.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Receive complaints and resolve problems
- Maintain timekeeping and personnel records
- Pass on information from upper management to employees and vice versa
- Prepare and submit performance reports
- Decide on reward and promotion based on performance
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises
- Role may require Saturday work