Material Management Technician
Posted on 29-Dec-2020 by 33 Service Battalion
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Must be a Canadian citizen in order to apply.
Material Management Technicians ensure that all of the supplies and services necessary for Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) operations are available when and where they are required. The primary responsibilities of Material Management Technicians are to:
- Manage the purchasing, warehousing, shipping, receiving, stock control and disposal of obsolete stock and equipment
- Receive, handle and prepare items for shipment
- Process invoices and prepare shipping documents
- Order material from internal and external sources and purchase supplies
- Deliver supplies and provide services to operational units
- Perform record keeping, stocktaking and inventory control
- Maintain accounting and financial records
- Process and coordinate repair and disposal functions
This position is currently available for part-time employment with the Army Reserve within the 33 Canadian Service Battalion in North Bay. Reserve members may serve while attending school or working at a full time civilian job. When you join the Army Reserve, you will first have to complete your Basic Military Qualification courses, which may require travelling out of province. Additional training and courses are dependent on your trade.
Typical work commitment is one evening per week as well as one weekend per month, from September until May. Full-time employment opportunities are also available. As an Army Reservist there are no long-term commitments and you do not have to deploy on any operations unless you volunteer to do so.
The Army Reserve offers a benefits package that includes:
- A competitive federal pension plan
- Dental insurance
- Access to fitness facilities
- Reimbursement program for school fees for any College or University Program under certain conditions and to a maximum of $8,000 during your career
In order to apply, candidates must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen;
- Be between 16 and 57 years old (parental consent under 18 years old);
- Have successfully completed Grade 10 (Level 1)
For more information regarding part time opportunities or to setup an appointment on how to complete the online application, please call (705) 472 9305, EXT: 5151, or by email through this advertisement.
Visit www.forces.ca today to apply online for all Army Reserve opportunities.
Reference ID: MMT