Posted on 27-Aug-2020 by Enbridge
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Employee Type: Regular-Full time
Union/Non: This is a unionized position
Bargaining Unit/ Local: USW Local 2020 North Bay Operations
Primary Location: North Bay, ON.
Rate Classification/Pay Range: A4 – A1, $30.16 - $35.66 per hour
Number of Available Positions: One (1) Full-Time Permanent Position
Technology is ever evolving and as it continues to change, organizations need to stay agile. That's why our Measurement Verifiers play a critical role in the success of our business.
They work with the most complex measurement equipment in the industry such as rotaries, turbine meters, and electronic volume and corrector instruments. Their role requires them to keep up with technological changes as they are required to repair, inspect, and calibrate the equipment so that our customers continue to receive safe and reliable natural gas.
This role further provides the fundamental knowledge for future opportunities within the organization. Nobody knows our equipment better than a Measurement Verifier!
Our ideal candidate enjoys physically demanding work, repetitive tasks, and has a technical background. If this sounds like you, apply today.
What You Will Do (Responsibilities):
- Under minimal supervision, ship, receive, repair, sort and retire meters and pressure regulation devices in accordance with the Company's Measurement Accreditation Program, manufacturer's instructions and Company safety policies.
- Handle and repair meters so that high levels of measurement accuracy are reached and maintained in supplying our customers with accurate, safe and reliable measuring devices which confirm to all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Repair regulators and relief valves so that the devices provide high levels of accuracy in pressure regulation and relief in maintaining our operations systems in a safe and reliable manner in compliance with mandated legislation.
- Provide technical support on pressure regulating and metering devices to field operations staff and Engineering.
Who You Are (Qualifications):
You will have the following education and experience:
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Valid G driver's license.
- Computer literate with a strong mechanical aptitude. Candidates must be able to pass a mechanical comprehension test.
- Physically fit for strenuous physical work which includes lifting, twisting, bending and prolonged standing at repair benches while performing duties.
- Dependable, trustworthy, safety conscious with characteristics of cleanliness and neatness.
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Clear and effective communication skills with a demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions regarding daily assignments, accreditation procedures, and company policies.
- Completion of all assigned paperwork in an acceptable manner.
- Accurate in basic mathematical calculations and statistical relationships.
- Understanding of basic electronics applicable to electronic devices used in the Meter Shop.
- Demonstrated ability to work alone or as a team player.
- Ability to understand manufacturer's catalogues, parts list, and government regulations.
- Gas industry knowledge preferred.
NOTE: As this position is within the Local Bargaining Unit identified above, please note that members will be given first consideration.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer . We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com .
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com