Night Auditor - Hotel
Posted on 27-Aug-2020 by Comfort Inn Parry Sound
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER
Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted passion for the world of hospitality & travel that extends far beyond the walls of our offices and hotels.
Our company culture is built on collaboration. A nimble team where everyone has a voice at the table and an opportunity to pursue their passions. Our skill sets are as diverse as our portfolio, but we all have a singular focus: a belief that partnerships deliver the best results, an entrepreneurial approach to decision making, respect for others, a strong sense of integrity and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
With 81 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NF but also experientially diverse from Roadside inns to luxury urban properties.
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivaled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
Night Auditor is responsible for the reconciliation and completion of all daily transactions. Along with the accounting functions of the role, the Night Auditor also provides guest services to guests during the overnight hours, handling and helping to resolving issues as they arise.
The duties and responsibilities for the Night Auditor include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently provides exceptional customer service by exceeding guests expectations.
- Register guests into their guest rooms as per reservations & checks out guests and settles accounts; collects and verifies payments – cash, debit and credit and maintaining a float.
- Verify and balance daily charges for all departments to customer folios, master accounts and house; accounts; make corrections as needed to ensure required documentation is obtained.
- Run computer through nightly processing sequence to reset for next day's use in balancing for applicable functions.
- Audit all income postings and charges.
- Record and balance staff and house charges.
- Prepare and transmit credit card deposits.
- Process city ledger work to accounting.
- Run accounts receivable reports; providing next day reports to the Front Office, Executive Office and other departments as required.
- Takes ownership of all guest complaints and rectify the complaint quickly and efficiently;
- Communicates information regarding Guests’ needs to other Team Members and Departments.
- Follow established written emergency procedures for fire, power failure, water and gas line ruptures, and severe weather conditions
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and standards.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
- Previous front office or accounting experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, network systems
- Strong data entry, analytical and communications skills
- Ability to recognize and correct guest service issues in a courteous and professional manner
- Proven ability to be organized, multi-task and prioritize; ability to work within deadlines
- Completion of High School, GED or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible shifts (weekday or weekend overnights)
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.