Pandemic Support Worker
Posted on 09-Sep-2020 by West Parry Sound Health Centre
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
JOB POSTING: NON-UNION 2020-275
PANDEMIC SUPPORT WORKER
Temporary Part-Time Position (September 2020 to approximately March 2021)
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our modern facility offers the best that both nature and technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations. Join our enthusiastic team, be part of a dynamic inter-professional group, and work in a positive progressive environment!
This position is responsible for assisting nursing staff in donning and doffing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and facilitating adherence to infection control standards and other tasks to support departmental functions. The Pandemic Support Worker will ensure that health and safety policies are followed to provide a healthy and safe environment for staff, patients, and visitors.
Hours of work are all shifts (days, evenings, nights), including weekends.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate positive relationships;
- Ability to adapt to continually changing priorities;
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform work assignments with minimal supervision and good judgment;
- Demonstrated professionalism, tact, and diplomacy in interactions with others;
- Proven ability to adhere to safe work practices;
- An understanding of the Internal Responsibility System (OH&S Act);
- Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, performance levels, disciplinary history and positive work references;
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health Centre: Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibilities, Excellence, and Safety.
- Previous experience in a health care environment.