Posted on 29-Dec-2018 by Near North District School Board
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the efficient planning and timely completion of all Board payrolls as per payroll schedules and collective agreements.
- Balance, reconcile and verify the validity of input/output data; resolve and adjust discrepancies, includes but is not limited to calculating salary entitlements to verify employee salary changes.
- Knowledge and ability to apply current Federal and Provincial Regulations as they pertain to payroll for example CPP, EI, Income Tax and garnishments.
- Balance, reconcile and prepare various remittances for all payroll deductions according to weekly and monthly schedules.
- Liaise and problem solve with Human Resources staff on payroll and related compensation needs.
- Prepare and process Records of Employment.
- Reconcile and verify monthly and annually reports relating to OMERS and TPP. Responsible for administration of enrolments, terminations, retirement data, buy backs, disability waivers, offering enrolment to qualified employees and responding to pension related queries as they pertain to payroll services.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Assistant and/or Manager of Finance
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum three year post-secondary diploma or degree in Payroll, Business and/or Accounting.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a computerized payroll environment or related experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required for this deadline intensive environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with mathematical calculations and skills
- Sound knowledge of payroll procedures, processes and legislation affecting payroll.
- Proficient in the use of Board provided computer-based technologies to create, manipulate, store and retrieve information, and communicate to others.
- Possess a high degree of concentration and awareness to the tasks at hand.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work efficiently in a deadline intensive, changing environment.
- Confidentiality and accuracy are essential.
Instructions for Applying: