Personal Support Worker
Posted on 17-Jun-2020 by ParaMed Home Health Care
Location Nipissing, North Bay
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) will provide individualized care that is sensitive to the clients’ unique needs, providing assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and Independent Activities of Daily Living (IADL’s) through a client specific assignment working under the direction of and in collaboration with a regulated health care professional. Care will take place in the community, within a client’s home.
What does "Redefining care" mean to you?
ParaMed needs team members who share our goal of redefining care in the home. Join Canada’s largest home health care company and make a real difference in the lives of people in your community. We provide quality, compassionate care directly to clients where they live because we believe that when you are in need of care, home is a more comfortable place to be!
Choose ParaMed for support, where we’ll provide you with paid orientation, mentorship, and ongoing training. Experience diversity and life long learning – where the skills that you learn contribute to making you a confident and accomplished care professional.
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Diploma or Certificate from a recognized program or equivalent education
- Experience in providing personal care is required
- Experience in working with acutely ill, chronically ill or palliative clients is considered an asset
- Effecitve oral and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate copmassion, tact, and diplomacy when ineracting with clients and their families
- Willingness to travel within a desginated area to visit clients within a community setting
- Ability to pass or satisfy a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search upon hire
- Provides ADL and IADL assistance to the client
- Assists client with and provides personal care to the client
- Assists with a variety of household tasks to include light meal preparation and light housekeeping assistance
- Provides cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the client
- Prepares nutritious, varied, and economical meals and snacks for the client to include special diets, as determined by the care plan
- Uses proper food preparation, food storage, and overall hygiene practices
- Communicates changes and client updates to supervisors
- Documents information in ParaMed's work device
ParaMed offers you:
$4/hour wage enhancement to front line team members for all hours worked until August 13. In addition, front line team members will be eligible for an additional $250/month when they have worked 100 hours.
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental benefits
- Use of Mobile device
- Mileage/travel allowance
- Training and skills development
- Full and part time positions available
- Career Advancement opportunities
- Employee purchase discount programs
- A supportive and respectful workplace
- Autonomy and independence
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ParaMed Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ParaMed hiring process.