Personal Support Worker
Posted on 22-Mar-2021 by Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Plan A is a staffing agency that supports Long Term Care (LTC) homes that are experiencing staffing shortages. We are currently looking for Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to join our qualified, dedicated, and compassionate team of support staff.
Our mission here at Plan A is to be the go-to staffing backup plan for our partnered long-term care homes in Ontario. It is our goal to ensure all our partners are fully supported by providing them with quality staff, like yourself. This ensures our healthcare professionals are safe and supported which in turn, ensures our residents are receiving the best care possible
Don’t just take our word for it! Here are some reviews from our former and current staff!
5.0 They have your back, great communication
PSW (Current Employee) - Simcoe County, ON - 12 September 2020
Supportive, flexible and approachable. Salary is fair considering nobody wants to pay what PSW's are really worth. Other perks make Plan A top the list and they give out great pens
5.0 Convenient schedules, great pay.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) - Owen Sound, ON - 11 September 2020
The fact that you can choose your own schedule from the comfort of your home, is an amazing feature at plan A. Another great thing is there’s always communication in case you need anything, and management has always seemed professional and helpful to me. The wages are more than fair for the work you do.
5.0 Best Job I've ever had so far
PSW (Former Employee) - St. Catharines, ON - 2 September 2020
Being able to pick your own schedule from the convenience of an app is one amazing job. You get to pick out exactly what shift, day and time you work.
Responsibilities and duties:
PSWs are expected to:
- Provide personal care to residents
- Safely assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) including toileting, transferring, bathing and feeding
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A PSW certificate
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Hardworking, compassionate, positive, solution-oriented, professional and flexible
- LTC experience is considered an asset
Please be advised, at this time we are giving preference to individuals who:
1. Do not have another healthcare employer
2. Are willing to commute to a facility that may be out or your region (if there is no local availability). Our Recruiters can explain this in further detail
- Industry-leading wages; $22-$29/hr
- Flexible scheduling using the StaffStat mobile app
- All work assignments are in a single LTC home
- Access to Plan A on-call personnel 24/7
- Incentives for out-of-town opportunities including hotel accommodation, and mileage coverage; a great way to experience new towns and cities!
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Plan A Management Team
During the pandemic, our PSWs qualify for a temporary $3/hr incentive