Personal Support Worker
Posted on 26-Mar-2021 by ParaMed Home Health Care
Location Nipissing, West Nipissing
Position: Personal Support Worker
Location: Sturgeon Falls, ON
Hours: Part Time and Full Time
ParaMed is currently hiring Personal Support Workers to join our organization!
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED and willing to train the right candidate!
ParaMed PSWs/HSWs are currently receiving an additional $3.00/hour temporary wage enhancement from the provincial government!
- Assisting clients with personal hygiene care such as bathing and showering
- Assisting clients with bathroom duties, changing briefs/diapers
- General grooming
- Preparation of healthy meals
- Assistance with feeding
- bandage/dressing changes
- Emotional/Cognitive support
- Light housekeeping
- Must be certified as a PSW OR must be a current nursing students OR internationally trained medical professionals
- New grads welcome to apply!
- Experience with working with the vulnerable population is an asset but not required
- MUST HAVE OWN VEHICLE AND A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE!!!
- Criminal Record check for the Vulnerable population
- Negative TB skin test
ParaMed offers you:
- Flexible Schedule-Morning, Afternoon or Evening shifts available!
- Competitive compensation
- Full health and dental benefits for you and your family! (for both part time and full time employees)
- Mobile device for usage at work
- Pay for Mileage
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Room for growth within the organization
If you are interested in joining the ParaMed team, please click the "Apply Now" button to attach a resume.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ParaMed Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ParaMed hiring process.
This is a Union Position: Service Employees International Union Local 230 Local 1 Canada
Union Classification: Personal Support Services
Salary: LHIN Funded PSS rates as per Collective Agreement