Personal Support Worker
Posted on 05-Apr-2021 by Home Instead
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Job Description: Do you have a caring heart and would like to make a difference by helping older adults stay safe at home? Home Instead is actively recruiting Personal Support Workers North Bay! Paid training! Home Instead is dedicated to providing the best care possible for our clients. With an added emphasis on Caregiver morale, we focus on CAREGiver appreciation, which includes monthly & annual CAREGiver rewards. We have an energetic team, driven to help CAREGivers be successful in their career. If this sounds like a team that you would love to be a part of, follow the steps below to apply!
Home Instead is looking for home care heroes, also known as Personal Support Workers. Those with the courage and willingness to leave the safety of their own homes to make sure the most vulnerable stay safe in their own home.
So, as we honor essential workers worldwide, let's remember our heroes, our Personal Support Workers, whose selfless support is essential for those at greater risk.
Home Instead provides a variety of non-medical services that allow our clients to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care, and compassion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Requirements to be a CAREGiver:
- Hygiene Assistance
- Home Management
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Shopping & Errands
- Medication cueing
- Personal care assistance and cueing
- Properly maintain communication regarding client activities, progress, or concerns
- Treat & care for clients & their property with dignity & respect
- Alzheimer's & Dementia Care
Part-Time, Casual, & Full-Time hours available.
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Complete a criminal background check with a vulnerable sector check
- Provide 2 professional and 2 personal references
- Possess a valid drivers license is an asset but not essential
- Possess a vehicle with valid auto insurance is an asset but not essential
- Complete mandatory CAREGiver training
We have a variety of shifts available, as we are available 24/7 for our clients! *Home Instead offers benefits and a pension plan*
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Instructions for Applying: