Personal Support Worker
Posted on 19-Dec-2018 by VON Canada
Location Nipissing, North Bay
The PSW provides personal care and health maintenance to individuals and families in the home setting within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards, in community health care.
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing companionship, personal care, and health maintenance services to clients in their home, within the framework of VON's philosophy, policies, standards, and legislation.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to change and work in various social and economic environments
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.