Posted on 15-Jul-2020 by Rexall
Location Nipissing, North Bay
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single Rexall employee contributes to our mission -- whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps people in your community and beyond. And by choosing to belong at Rexall, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance the profession of pharmacy.
At Rexall, Canada’s leader in Pharmacy Healthcare, the Pharmacy Assistant reports to the Pharmacy Manager and is responsible for patient greeting, dispensing prescription medications, and answering any general questions from patients and referring to Pharmacist when required. You must be able to take on tasks as required as you are the front face of our company providing the highest amount of service by:
- Assist the Pharmacist with the preparation, packaging, and distribution of patient prescriptions
- Evaluate legality, interpret and input all prescriptions, labels and consent forms to ensure patient information is up to date and in the pharmacy’s computer system
- Complete documentations such as third party management and reconciliation, filling prescriptions, printing, invoices, etc.
- Monitor inventory levels and identify approaching and critical expiry dates
- Assisting with cashier responsibilities as required
- Having a can-do attitude when tasked with responsibilities
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Willingness to work weeknights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist on-duty
Ultimately, if you have the right attitude, we can team you up with our colleagues who have the same passion and teach you the rest!
We appreciate your enthusiasm in wanting to be a part of a community of difference makers. Due to the overwhelming response to our job postings, we will only be able to contact applicants selected for interviews. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this uncertain time. Please continue to check out our careers site at www.rexall.ca/careers to keep updated with our current roles. You can also experience Life at Rexall on Instagram and Facebook under @LifeAtRexall.
Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd. is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation he/she may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.