Pharmacy Assistant - IV
Posted on 09-Jan-2019 by Robinson's Pharmasave
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Yes, we are growing again!!
We are looking for an individual to work in our IV (intravenous medication) department. Ideally, it would be great to have IV experience, but we are okay to train if you already have pharmacy experience.
This position would involve weekends (preferably every second Saturday and on-call some Sundays).
Our Store Hours are:
This position would focus on IV's, but also include general pharmacy dispensary duties such as: prescription filling, order entry, blister pack filling, compounding and inventory management. All of these skills are complimented by the utmost critical skill of exceptional customer service, of course. ;)
General Responsibilities Include:
- Must possess a positive team spirit
- Follows all provincial and federal laws, standards and regulations which govern the practise of pharmacy at all time
- Work with all members of the pharmacy team to ensure medication orders are dispensed accurately and safely
- Release prescription products after accuracy has been ensured and entire prescription has been evaluated and reviewed by a pharmacist for therapeutic appropriateness
- Ensure proper documentation of health information
- Maintains accurate, organized and complete resident health records ensuring appropriate documentation of health information
- Prepare and compound medications when required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ability to establish strong partnerships with other members of the health care team
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of Kroll Windows
- Previous pharmacy experience an asset, particularly IV experience.