Photographer - School
Posted on 24-Mar-2021 by Shutterfly
Location Nipissing, West Nipissing
Job Description: At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Lifetouch has been the professional photography choice for schools and families for more than 80 years. Built on the tradition of “Picture Day” Lifetouch captures smiling faces, preschool through high school graduation. We also reach our customers through additional product lines including portrait studios, yearbooks, sports, and events.
Capture high-quality, compelling photographs while creating a positive picture day experience for customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibits energy, enthusiasm and professionalism while establishing a rapport with subjects and school administration to ensure a positive picture day experience.
- Maintains confidentiality of school/student-related information.
- Represents Lifetouch in a professional manner at all times, while adhering to all Company and school policies and displays confidence and professionalism.
- Properly sets up equipment to optimize photo quality.
- Follows company posing guidelines to achieve quality images.
- Consistently captures high quality photographs.
- Participates in photography quality discussions as directed by Photographer Lead.
- Provides clear direction and a positive experience with school personnel and picture day helpers regarding their role in picture day.
- Supports picture day team by assisting others as needed.
- Effectively communicates with team members to execute picture day.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Appropriately maintains and safely transports all necessary equipment and supplies to perform the duties of the job.
- Arrives on-site on-time to allow appropriate set-up time.
- Demonstrates safe work habits including proper lifting, bending and pushing techniques.
- Maintains appropriate level of productivity in order to stay on schedule.
- Enters accurate information on paperwork from camera/payment envelopes and returns all paperwork to the field office in a timely manner in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Safeguards and properly handles job bags and photography equipment.
- May perform scheduled school visits to pick up picture day materials.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willing to work a varied seasonal schedule including early mornings and late afternoons.
- Accessibility to reliable insured transportation to reach assigned locations. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with provincial law.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Instructions for Applying: