Posted on 07-May-2020 by DSI Underground Canada
Location Nipissing, West Nipissing
DSI Underground Canada Ltd. (DSI’s)- Is located in Sturgeon Falls, Ontario.Scope of business includes the manufacturing and supply of ground support equipment for the mining industries. Its systems are known worldwide for innovation, quality and reliability.. You will be responsible for assisting machine operators manufacturing raw materials into finished goods using numerous automated machines.
Why work at DSI?
- Extended Health Care & Dental Benefits, Life, AD&D & Travel Insurance after 30 days
- Employer Contribution Pension Plan after 1 year
- Free Parking
Brief Summary of Job:
Assist machine operators by performing duties such as supplying or holding materials or tools, cleaning work areas, disassembling equipment, sandblasting, operating cut-off saw and grinder and operating forklift to move materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting machine operators.
- Lifting raw materials and finished products; packaging items and preparing them for shipment manually or by using forklift.
- Loading and unloading items from machines, conveyors and conveyances.
- Helping machine operators by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Separating products according to weight, grade, size and composition of materials used to produce them.
- Placing products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Removing products, machine attachments and waste material from machines.
- Transferring finished products, raw materials, tools or equipment between storage and work areas of plant and warehouse, by hand or using hand trucks or powered-lift trucks.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
- Train new employees
Proper operation and care of various equipment and tools including the hoist in a safe and effective manner.
- Adheres to company safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible at all times for the cleanliness of his or her work area.
Operating the required tools and machinery in a safe, efficient, cost effective (consumables) and productive manner, with the resulting product conforming to company quality standards
- Acquiring on-going knowledge of departmental workmanship standards
- Recognizing non-conforming products and reporting to the Frontline supervisors
- Properly follows all areas procedures and ensures checklists and other documentation are filled out accurately.
- Communicates with co-workers, management and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Qualification and Requirements:
- Six months to one year of related experience.
- Grade 12 education would be an asset
- Can accurately read/understand a tape measure (standard/metric)
- Must have the ability to use fractions, decimals equivalents and conversion of the metric system. (Use of drill charts)
- Previous manufacturing or assembly experience would be considered an asset
As a member of the team, is committed to meeting production targets and deadlines
- Being punctual and ready to work at the start of your shift and after each break
- Committed to scheduled work hours
- Willingness to commit to extra hours to meet production target and deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Accepts guidance and constructive feedback from fellow and senior staff
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and work ethic and continually strives for improvement
- Shows eagerness to learn and take on more responsibility
- Completes the tasks in a timely manner and seeks/offers additional help when required.
- Work 12 hours, shift work and weekends
Competencies Beneficial in Satisfactory Performance of the Job
- Team Player
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employees is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; ad talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; walk and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please indicate in a separate covering letter how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the qualifications listed above.
DSI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.