Professor (Aircraft Science & Aerodynamics II) - College
Posted on 04-Dec-2018 by Canadore College
Location Nipissing, North Bay
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics; relevant Master’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to teach basic physics, mechanics, theory of flight and a variety of principles relating to the operation of aircraft and aircraft components
- Ability to teach principles related to the composition of the atmosphere; physical laws governing behaviour of fluids in motion and under pressure; problem solving related to heat, linear expansion and temperature conversion; fundamentals of sound and affect on aircraft in sub-sonic, transonic and supersonic flight, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of student success strategies in a post-secondary setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous teaching experience is an asset
- Plan, deliver and evaluate effective learning related to the Aircraft Science & Aerodynamics II course.
- Work closely with students and colleagues to provide an optimal learning environment.
- Perform all responsibilities associated with the learning environment including preparation, delivery and evaluation of theory practical learning activities